Action Manager, Action Tolbar, MainMenu et al

HI.

I just spent my day (Well most of it) Trying to make some sense of all this
Action Manager stuff. I have D6.02 Enterprise. At the end of my day, I have
to say I have more questions than answers, and more AV's than I have ever
seen in a single day.

I tried following a tutorial or two, and taking a peek at the D6 Demo, and
even reding he Manual! but I am afraid it all leaves me cold. Take the
simple problem of the layout of an item on an ActionToolbar. How does one
make it so the Items are layed out vertically in a single column with the
Captions below the Icon (Just like Outlook). I did really like the way you
make up a vcentral action list and just drag the items onto the various
containers, but how on warth do I change the appearance? or get rid of all
the AV's.

I'd really appreciate seeing some decent tutorial on this, No doubt it is
very RAD, but for me it doesn't work. Maybe we should have an Action Manager
NG ???

Tony.

Re:Action Manager, Action Tolbar, MainMenu et al

In article <3c834041_1@dnews>, Tony Blomfield wrote:

> I just spent my day (Well most of it) Trying to make some sense of all this
> Action Manager stuff. I have D6.02 Enterprise. At the end of my day, I have
> to say I have more questions than answers, and more AV's than I have ever
> seen in a single day.

Perhaps you can find some help on http://www.geocities.com/delphihelp/Demos/

Use the newsgroup archives :
http://www.mers.com/searchsite.html