t...@tvl.com

Re:We need small db to include with desktop multi-user app

Try DBISAM from www.elevatesoft.com, it's great and support is even better.

Else have a look at www.kylecordes.com

Regards
Uffe Kousgaard

Todd_tvl <t...@tvl.com> wrote in message

news:86jes8$o0v6@bornews.borland.com...
> Our product is designed for SQL Server and Oracle.  We need to offer a
> scaled down version in single user and multi-user desktop.  What is the
best
> way to go with regards to databases?

> Open architecture on the db side would be nice but not manditory.

> Todd Edmondson
> t...@tvl.com

Re:We need small db to include with desktop multi-user app

Interbase certainly sounds like a possible option here.  Based on the
SQL implementation needs of your app, Paradox probably would not be.

The parameters for your decision need to be more rigorously defined,
though, before you can really feel comfortable making a decision.
Interbase certainly scores on the "scalability" and in Linux source-code
will be provided (as tho' you could realistically do too much with that
unless you like to hack someone else's code).  But you're getting into
quite a few different SQL's and quite a few installation-steps.

>Todd_tvl wrote:

> Our product is designed for SQL Server and Oracle.  We need to offer a
> scaled down version in single user and multi-user desktop.  What is the best
> way to go with regards to databases?

> Open architecture on the db side would be nice but not manditory.

> Why =shouldn't= it be quick and easy to keep your database online?
> http://www.sundialservices.com/cs3web.htm

Re:We need small db to include with desktop multi-user app

If you run on sql server, then by all means take a look at the MSDE. It's
sql server 7 downsized.

Craig Baugh

Todd_tvl <t...@tvl.com> wrote in message news:86jes8$o0v6@bornews.borland.com...
> Our product is designed for SQL Server and Oracle.  We need to offer a
> scaled down version in single user and multi-user desktop.  What is the best
> way to go with regards to databases?

> Open architecture on the db side would be nice but not manditory.

> Todd Edmondson
> t...@tvl.com

Other Threads