CRT and redirecting

> Iain Jones wrote:

> > I'm using Turbo Pascal 5.5, and I've noticed that if the CRT unit is
> > used in a program, command-line redirection can't be used. Is there any
> > way of getting around this, other than writing my own routines rather
> > than using CRT?

> Look for "AssignCRT" (not sure if it is available in TP 5.5)

It prbably was. I never had TP 5.5, but it was available in TP4.0.

--
Patrick D. Rockwell
mailto:prockw...@thegrid.net

Re:CRT and redirecting

Patrick D. Rockwell wrote in message <38192DD5.A4B2A...@thegrid.net>...
>> Iain Jones wrote:

>> > I'm using Turbo Pascal 5.5, and I've noticed that if the CRT unit is
>> > used in a program, command-line redirection can't be used. Is there any
>> > way of getting around this, other than writing my own routines rather
>> > than using CRT?

>> Look for "AssignCRT" (not sure if it is available in TP 5.5)

>It prbably was. I never had TP 5.5, but it was available in TP4.0.

Another way that works (at least in TP 5.5) is as follows:

{allow redirection in case CRT unit is being used....}
assign(input,''); reset(input);
assign(output,''); rewrite(output);

Stephen Mitchell
Alexandria, VA