EOutOfResources and Win 3.1

I have created an application with a single button on it with the
following onClick handler:

  var
    stat: word ;
  begin
    stat := MessageDlg('File has been modified. Save?',
                           mtWarning, mbYesNoCancel, 0) ;
  end;

When the button is clicked the second time under Windows 3.1, it gives
an EoutOfResources error.  It does not give any problems under Windows
95 ver 4.00.347 (my development machine) or WFW 3.11.

I have not applied the patch, but the readme on it does not mention
this problem.

I will work around this problem by using the MessageBox Windows API
call, but I am interested to know if anyone else has seen a similar
problem.

        Alan