Telnet-Session under Delphi 4

Hi everyone!
I would like to open a Telnet-Session from my program (client)
to a host computer supporting telnet sessions (in order to
automatically execute commands under the host's operating system
without the need of 'personal' interactivity). How do I do that with
Delphi 4?
(TClientSocket receives some nonsense characters... how to
answer or establish comunication?)
Many thanks in advance,
Detlev

answers via email preferred

Re:Telnet-Session under Delphi 4

Detlev Hochmuth wrote:
> Hi everyone!
> I would like to open a Telnet-Session from my program (client)
> to a host computer supporting telnet sessions (in order to
> automatically execute commands under the host's operating system
> without the need of 'personal' interactivity). How do I do that with
> Delphi 4?
> (TClientSocket receives some nonsense characters... how to
> answer or establish comunication?)

May I recommend the ICS (http://www.rtfm.be/fpiette/indexuk.htm)
Regards,

Udo
--
Please reply only to this newsgroup. Do not send any unrequested mails.

Re:Telnet-Session under Delphi 4

On Thu, 02 Mar 2000 09:54:58 +0100, Udo Nesshoever

<newsgroup.re...@gmx.net> wrote:
>May I recommend the ICS (http://www.rtfm.be/fpiette/indexuk.htm)
>Regards,
>Udo

Many thanks, the ICS appears to be promising!

However, I've never used an add-on package for Delphi before, and I
wonder what I have to do with it. I followed the given instuctions and
installed the .bpk-file and can see the new tab on the component
palette. However, trying to compile any of the sample projects gives
errors about missing files. Any clues? Manual copying necessary?
Thanks in advance,
Detlev

Detlev Hochmuth wrote:
> However, I've never used an add-on package for Delphi before, and I
> wonder what I have to do with it. I followed the given instuctions and
> installed the .bpk-file and can see the new tab on the component
> palette. However, trying to compile any of the sample projects gives
> errors about missing files. Any clues? Manual copying necessary?

The path to ICS has to be either in
project options - directories - search path
 (then you'll have to set it for every project)
or
tools - environment options - library - library path
 (then the setting is always valid)
Regards,

Udo
--
Please reply only to this newsgroup. Do not send any unrequested mails.

Re:Telnet-Session under Delphi 4

>ICS Internet Components  [...]
>Udo

Hi Udo, many thanks for you recommendation and help!
The package is great and the components work really fine.
My first apps are up and running...

Have a nice weekend,
Detlev

Other Threads