"class not registered" error message

hi,

i write a program for editing html. it works great on my NT, on my
really ruined Win95, on my friend's really unstable Win98 and on many
other users' unstable Windows....
but some users get an error "Class not registered". this is a windows
error (cause on Hebrew windows it shows in Hebrew). i really have no
idea (and no way, cause the error message contains no memory address),
of what is causing the error. any ideas?

(please email me and post)
thanx in advance

--
@ Itamar Benzaken - ita...@writeme.com
@ Creator of HTML Constructor

Re:"class not registered" error message

In article <35F9A522.6025F...@writeme.com>, ita...@writeme.com wrote:
>i write a program for editing html. it works great on my NT, on my
>really ruined Win95, on my friend's really unstable Win98 and on many
>other users' unstable Windows....
>but some users get an error "Class not registered". this is a windows
>error (cause on Hebrew windows it shows in Hebrew). i really have no
>idea (and no way, cause the error message contains no memory address),
>of what is causing the error. any ideas?

I don't know if this would be the case, but some people, especially if their
version of Windows 95 is old and they haven't been installing new software
at all, have an old, old version of the COMCTL32.DLL library.  Older versions
don't include things like the toolbar, coolbar or date/time picking
components.  I think they have to be up to version 4.70 or later to take
advantage of these.

MS has a separate update for the library, I believe.

Hope that helps :)

  --=- Ritchie Annand

Re:"class not registered" error message

I would say the most probable cause is using the Internet Explorer ActiveX
component in your preview window. If the user does not have IE on their
machine, they will get the "Class Not Registered" message. Also, if you, for
example, have compiled your program on a machine containing IE4.01, it will
have problems working with IE3, IE4, or possible Win98. Best advice is don't
use the IE ActiveX control for HTML previewing, use an alternative.

Hope this helps

Phil Arundell
phil.arund...@pjcs.demon.co.uk

Itamar Benzaken wrote in message <35F9A522.6025F...@writeme.com>...
>hi,

>i write a program for editing html. it works great on my NT, on my
>really ruined Win95, on my friend's really unstable Win98 and on many
>other users' unstable Windows....
>but some users get an error "Class not registered". this is a windows
>error (cause on Hebrew windows it shows in Hebrew). i really have no
>idea (and no way, cause the error message contains no memory address),
>of what is causing the error. any ideas?

>(please email me and post)
>thanx in advance

>--
>@ Itamar Benzaken - ita...@writeme.com