Thunking/Midi

Hello.
I'm writing a midi app that synchronize with a sequencer...
but the latency is BAD when the callbacks routines are in 32bit

So has anyone ever heard of something about thunking under Delphi32
or maybe has anyone ever coded a midi app for delphi?

Re:Thunking/Midi

On Sat, 27 Dec 1997 18:11:28 +0100, d...@pophost.eunet.be wrote:
>Hello.
>I'm writing a midi app that synchronize with a sequencer...
>but the latency is BAD when the callbacks routines are in 32bit

>So has anyone ever heard of something about thunking under Delphi32
>or maybe has anyone ever coded a midi app for delphi?

To do thunking in Delphi you have to know which platform you're
developing for. There are several kind of thunking mechanisms, but
neither of these works for Win 95 AND Win NT. Unfortunately the
thunking mechanism for NT (generic thunk) only allows 16-Bit-apps to
call 32-Bit-functions. However, I would like to go the other way
round. If you find any solution, please tell me

There was an article in the Delphi Magazine on thunking in issue 11
and 12, I think. If you need further info, please email me.

Rudi Ziegaus

You can reach me under : Rudi.Zieg...@bingo.baynet.de

Other Threads