Assembler: Problem with using real values

I am at the moment writing maths formulas in assembler for speed. I am
new at assembler . I am unable to use real values.
Can anybody tell me why and perhaps help me out with a short
explenation on how to so it.

Thanks
  Brent

Re:Assembler: Problem with using real values

jd...@ilink.nis.za wrote:

> I am at the moment writing maths formulas in assembler for speed. I am
> new at assembler . I am unable to use real values.
> Can anybody tell me why and perhaps help me out with a short
> explenation on how to so it.

> Thanks
>   Brent

You will need to init the 80x87 coprocessor by an assembler command
i think it's something like

.287
FINIT

this will tell the processor to handle QuadWords as IEEE Floats
the instructions are

FLD  Float load
FST  Float Store
FILD Integer load to 8087