Circular Data Link

I hope someone can help with this.

I have a D4 app with several 'data aware' components on a form. When I try
to compile this app I get a 'circular data link' error from the compiler. I
cannot find this error in the help anywhere.

TIA

Andy

Re:Circular Data Link

Andyb

I think it's in a TQuery-component. And I think you set the
datasource-property to (for example) Datasource1.
Clear that setting and select Datasource1. Set the DataSet property to
Query1 (Your querycomponent).

Success,
Alfred.

andyb <an...@tms-int.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
01bf9f9f$b5d95980$01021...@andyb.n-i-n...

> I hope someone can help with this.

> I have a D4 app with several 'data aware' components on a form. When I try
> to compile this app I get a 'circular data link' error from the compiler.
> cannot find this error in the help anywhere.

> TIA

> Andy

Re:Circular Data Link

Hi Andy

I Think you have some Tables in your form or datamodule which ar linked with
the property Mastersource if it's not done in the right way this error
occurs
because you make a circular.

I Guess that you have some DBLookupComboBoxes in your  Form which
the list is filled directly by a table via the Datasource.
This is the most likely component that gives you a hard time
If you replace the Table with a Query the problem maybe solved.

Hope this will help.
Peter

andyb <an...@tms-int.com> schreef in berichtnieuws
01bf9f9f$b5d95980$01021...@andyb.n-i-n...

> I hope someone can help with this.

> I have a D4 app with several 'data aware' components on a form. When I try
> to compile this app I get a 'circular data link' error from the compiler.
> cannot find this error in the help anywhere.

> TIA

> Andy

Re:Circular Data Link

Steve Koterski <koter...@NOSPAMgte.net> wrote in article

> One cause of this error is setting the DataSource property of a TQuery
> to the TDataSource of another TQuery, where that second TQuery has its
> DataSource property set to the TDataSource for the first. It might

Thanks Steve, this is what I'd done.

Thanks also to everyone else who came up with ideas.

Andy

Re:Circular Data Link

I once had the same problems because my dblookups referenced the wrong
datasets.

Jan

andyb heeft geschreven in bericht
<01bf9f9f$b5d95980$01021...@andyb.n-i-n>...

>I hope someone can help with this.

>I have a D4 app with several 'data aware' components on a form. When I try
>to compile this app I get a 'circular data link' error from the compiler. I
>cannot find this error in the help anywhere.

>TIA

>Andy

Other Threads