TQuery.RequestLive Problems with SQL Server

Hello All

I'm having a problem with using the TQuery.Request Live through the BDE to
SQL Server.
I'm getting the error message 'Invalid Field Name'.  The fields are all
instantiated the query is correct.
The problem does not occur connrecting to Sybase or Oracle or even using
ODBC to connect to the SQL Server.
I'm using D4 BDE5.11 anyone any ideas ( other than 'don't use the bde' would
be appreciated ).

yours beggingly
barney

Re:TQuery.RequestLive Problems with SQL Server

well, i had a same problem.. i think that is because the bde is case sensitive
on fields names on select statement, when u set requestlive.

"Barney Nicholls" <barney.nicho...@idesta.com> wrote in message

> Hello All

> I'm having a problem with using the TQuery.Request Live through the BDE to
> SQL Server.
> I'm getting the error message 'Invalid Field Name'.  The fields are all
> instantiated the query is correct.
> The problem does not occur connrecting to Sybase or Oracle or even using
> ODBC to connect to the SQL Server.
> I'm using D4 BDE5.11 anyone any ideas ( other than 'don't use the bde' would
> be appreciated ).

> yours beggingly

> barney

Re:TQuery.RequestLive Problems with SQL Server

Which sql server?

--
Robert

Barney Nicholls wrote in message <3c99b3a0$1_1@dnews>...
>Hello All

>I'm having a problem with using the TQuery.Request Live through the BDE to
>SQL Server.
>I'm getting the error message 'Invalid Field Name'.  The fields are all
>instantiated the query is correct.
>The problem does not occur connrecting to Sybase or Oracle or even using
>ODBC to connect to the SQL Server.
>I'm using D4 BDE5.11 anyone any ideas ( other than 'don't use the bde'
would
>be appreciated ).

>yours beggingly

>barney

Re:TQuery.RequestLive Problems with SQL Server

SQL Server 2000

"Robert Cerny" <robert.qwe.ce...@neosys.xrs.qwe.si> wrote in message

> Which sql server?

> --
> Robert

> Barney Nicholls wrote in message <3c99b3a0$1_1@dnews>...
> >Hello All

> >I'm having a problem with using the TQuery.Request Live through the BDE
> >SQL Server.
> >I'm getting the error message 'Invalid Field Name'.  The fields are all
> >instantiated the query is correct.
> >The problem does not occur connrecting to Sybase or Oracle or even using
> >ODBC to connect to the SQL Server.
> >I'm using D4 BDE5.11 anyone any ideas ( other than 'don't use the bde'
> would
> >be appreciated ).

> >yours beggingly

> >barney

Re:TQuery.RequestLive Problems with SQL Server

Re:TQuery.RequestLive Problems with SQL Server

Thanks

You are quite right i've just fiddled the case and it works

tahnks very much

"Norldir Kunkel" <nkun...@unioeste.br> wrote in message

> well, i had a same problem.. i think that is because the bde is case
sensitive
> on fields names on select statement, when u set requestlive.

> "Barney Nicholls" <barney.nicho...@idesta.com> wrote in message
> > Hello All

> > I'm having a problem with using the TQuery.Request Live through the BDE
> > SQL Server.
> > I'm getting the error message 'Invalid Field Name'.  The fields are all
> > instantiated the query is correct.
> > The problem does not occur connrecting to Sybase or Oracle or even using
> > ODBC to connect to the SQL Server.
> > I'm using D4 BDE5.11 anyone any ideas ( other than 'don't use the bde'
would
> > be appreciated ).

> > yours beggingly

> > barney

Re:TQuery.RequestLive Problems with SQL Server

Re:TQuery.RequestLive Problems with SQL Server

If you don't want the "don't use BDE", your only alternative is ODBC.
BDE uses dblib for mssql, which was last supported for mssql 6.5, so none of
new features in mssql2k is supported. This is one of reasons most people
recommend ADO to work with mssql.

In this case the most probable source of problem is: field name case in your
query does not match that one on the server.

--
Robert

Barney Nicholls wrote in message <3c9b0df9_2@dnews>...
>SQL Server 2000