Sybase - Master/detail records and Transactions

Hi All,

We are using Sybase Adaptive Server Anywhere (ver 6.03) as our back-end for
our 2-tier application using Delphi 5.

Currently, all the database operations of select, insert, delete and update
are done through stored procedures and views. The stored procedures for
insert and update are responsible for committing and rolling back a
transaction.

Now, we have run into an issue where we have to insert master/detail
records. Obviously, an apparent solution would be to take the responsibility
of committing/rolling back a transaction from the stored procedure and give
it to the application.

Can anyone tell me of a better solution than the above one?

Thanks,
Adnan.