Problems with float and Oracle 7.3 and Oracle ODBC 2.5

Hi,
   I have D4up2/BDE5.01/Oracle OBDC drivers 2.5 and Oracle DBNS 7.3.2.2.0.
I have the most recent drivers for Oracle 7.x I think.  I try to install the
ODBC drivers 8.0.4.4.0 I was not able to do it.  Maybe its because I have
Net 2.3. with Oracle7.x.  Someone told me this error with the float became
from the ODBC drivers.  My problems appear to another place, when I try to
put the value in a memo from a float using floattostr or
paramByname('QTY').asString I can't see the floating value.  I see 0 and I
must have seen 0,9292.

Can someone help me??

Re:Problems with float and Oracle 7.3 and Oracle ODBC 2.5

I tested this with various floating point values, including the TEdit
containing 0.9292.  Everything works fine.  KEY_ID is a NUMBER column.

  with TQuery.Create(Self) do
    try
      DatabaseName := 'dbMain';
      SQL.Text := 'update TEMP set KEY_ID = :KEY_ID';
      ParamByName('KEY_ID').DataType := ftFloat;
      ParamByName('KEY_ID').AsString := Edit1.Text;
      ExecSQL;
    finally
      Free;
    end;

Does this exact code work in your configuration?

BTW, you are correct in that you must have Net8 rather than SQL*Net to use
the Oracle ODBC version 8 driver.

V/R
Russell L. Smith

Daniel Bernier wrote in message <744ef5$r...@forums.borland.com>...
>I have D4up2/BDE5.01/Oracle OBDC drivers 2.5 and Oracle DBNS 7.3.2.2.0.
>I have the most recent drivers for Oracle 7.x I think.  I try to install
the
>ODBC drivers 8.0.4.4.0 I was not able to do it.  Maybe its because I have
>Net 2.3. with Oracle7.x.  Someone told me this error with the float became
>from the ODBC drivers.  My problems appear to another place, when I try to
>put the value in a memo from a float using floattostr or
>paramByname('QTY').asString I can't see the floating value.  I see 0 and I
>must have seen 0,9292.

Other Threads