sharing a database connection using a DLL

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me.

I am trying to use dbexpress to connect to a database. I am using
Delphi 6 Enterprise. I plan to have the main part of my application in
an executable file. I want to have a DLL which gets accessed from the
main EXE.I want to have the main dbexpress database connection within
the DLL so that it can be accessed from the main EXE and also from
other modular DLLs. The DLL with the database connection would be
running on the local computer.

How would I go about doing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re:sharing a database connection using a DLL

Hello, Stuart!
You wrote  on Wed, 21 May 2003 11:39:08 +1000:

 SR> Hello,

 SR> I was wondering if someone could help me.

 SR> I am trying to use dbexpress to connect to a database. I am using
 SR> Delphi 6 Enterprise. I plan to have the main part of my application
 SR> in an executable file. I want to have a DLL which gets accessed from
 SR> the main EXE.I want to have the main dbexpress database connection
 SR> within the DLL so that it can be accessed from the main EXE and also
 SR> from other modular DLLs. The DLL with the database connection would
 SR> be running on the local computer.
 SR> How would I go about doing this?
 SR> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TSQLConnection it does not support, but interfaces of the dbexpress driver
(ISQLDriver, ISQLConnection, ISQLCommand, ISQLCursor, ISQLMetaData) you can
transfer between dll.

Perhaps it is shortcoming dbExpress architectures.

--

Vadim

Re:sharing a database connection using a DLL

Hi,

would is be possible for you to send me an example of how to do this
please?

Thanks

You wrote  on Tue, 27 May 2003 09:53:45 +1000:

 SR> Hi,

 SR> would is be possible for you to send me an example of how to do this
 SR> please?

The example is not present, but it is enough to you to transfer
ISQLConnection interface in parameters of procedures. This method is very
inconvenient and requires qualification. Unfortunately developers dbDexpress
have not provided such possibility (as against BDE).

--
Vadim

Other Threads