Delphi 4 Oracle7 Urgent Help Please

I am trying to connect to a personal Oracle 7 database but dont seem to
be able to get the configuration right in the BDE Admin.

I keep on getting the error "Vendor initialization failed." , BDE Error
15879. When I click on next I get the error "Alias: ORACLE1"

I need some urgent help and would appreciate a response by eMail

Thanks in advance.
--
Tony Edwards

Re:Delphi 4 Oracle7 Urgent Help Please

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999 07:54:31 +0000, Tony Edwards

<t...@authenticconsult.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>I am trying to connect to a personal Oracle 7 database but dont seem to
>be able to get the configuration right in the BDE Admin.

>I keep on getting the error "Vendor initialization failed." , BDE Error
>15879. When I click on next I get the error "Alias: ORACLE1"

Make sure that the directory where you Oracle DLL's are located
(usually ORA73.DLL) is in the PATH of the machine! If it's not, that
usually causes problems like this.

Marc

Marc Scheuner                            Berner Versicherungen, Dept. ISV
May the Source be With You               Laupenstrasse 27
marc.scheu...@berner.ch                  CH-3001 BERNE, Switzerland