D2 + Novell + Paradox Tables = BDE Engine Error

I have a client who has been running a delphi 1.0 app for 6 months now.
When we try to update to 32 bit version everytinhg works fine on a
single workstation. When we try to run a second workstation we get a
database engine exception while loading saying it cannot access the
directory.

I have removed all *.lck and *.net files. All station use the same
IDAPI32.cfg stored on the network. The netdir is only used by the BDE.
The application runs on any single workstation and the client has
Paradox 7 which can run on all workstations without this error occuring.

Any ideas?

TIA
Farley
car...@idirect.com

Re:D2 + Novell + Paradox Tables = BDE Engine Error

In article <31B30F66.1...@idirect.com>, car...@idirect.com (Farley Carter) wrote:
>I have removed all *.lck and *.net files. All station use the same
>IDAPI32.cfg stored on the network. The netdir is only used by the BDE.
>The application runs on any single workstation and the client has
>Paradox 7 which can run on all workstations without this error occuring.

I suggest you install the BDE that comes with D2 *AFTER* installing Paradox 7.
 I know there are some differences between the two BDE's.  I had a similair
problem, installed D2 on the machine to do some debugging and it worked.

Other Threads