windows font size problem

My Application was design with windows small fonts selected,
the problem now is that when the uses install the application
and run it with windows large font selected the screens are
completely out.
Has anyone come across this problem?
Does anyone know how to check what font size is selected and change
the font within the application?
Please help.

Another problem is my Application was designed for 640 x 480 or
800 x 600 screen resolution, when resolution is 1024 x 768 the screen
is very small and in the corner of the desktop.
Is there a way to adjust the application depending on the
windows resolution?

The application is in the final stage and I am desperate for
answers, please if someone can help
email me at   asor...@link.com.au

Thankyou.
Adam Sorati
asor...@link.com.au

Re:windows font size problem

Adam Sorati <asor...@link.com.au> wrote in article
<3352F9C5.4...@link.com.au>...

> My Application was design with windows small fonts selected,
> the problem now is that when the uses install the application
> and run it with windows large font selected the screens are
> completely out.

Check DSP - I've seen there a couple of components that deal with this
problem.

> Another problem is my Application was designed for 640 x 480 or
> 800 x 600 screen resolution, when resolution is 1024 x 768 the screen
> is very small and in the corner of the desktop.
> Is there a way to adjust the application depending on the
> windows resolution?

Unless this is a kiosk-type of application, I would suggest not to change
anything.
I run my screen at 1280x1024 and nothing annoys me more than programs
trying to "adjust" to it. You can assume that if someone runs at hi-res, he
_wants_ his windows and fonts small.

Good luck!
Peter Szymiczek

Re:windows font size problem

what i do is keep window size & font in an INI file. then in the form
create, I read in these params into the form. I also use tform's scaleby
method to compensate for changes in res

eg

const
  designtimescale = 120;

procedure rescaleform(aform : tform);

begin
   With aform do begin
      if (tag = 0) then begin
        scaleby(designscale,runscale);
        pixelsperinch := runscale;
        tag := 1;

PROCEDURE tinifile.readform(aform : tform);
begin
   With aform do begin
      font.assign(readfont(Caption, Ini_font));
      rescaleform(aform);
      Left := ReadInteger(Caption, Ini_WLeft, Left);
      Top := ReadInteger(Caption, Ini_WTop, top);
      Width := ReadInteger(Caption, Ini_WWidth, width);
      Height := ReadInteger(Caption, Ini_WHeight, height);

initialization
      runscale := screen.pixelsperinch;
end.

--
Boris Ingram, Cyborg Software
boris...@iafrica.com

Adam Sorati <asor...@link.com.au> wrote in article
<3352F9C5.4...@link.com.au>...

> My Application was design with windows small fonts selected,
> the problem now is that when the uses install the application
> and run it with windows large font selected the screens are
> completely out.
> Has anyone come across this problem?
> Does anyone know how to check what font size is selected and change
> the font within the application?
> Please help.

> Another problem is my Application was designed for 640 x 480 or
> 800 x 600 screen resolution, when resolution is 1024 x 768 the screen
> is very small and in the corner of the desktop.
> Is there a way to adjust the application depending on the
> windows resolution?

> The application is in the final stage and I am desperate for
> answers, please if someone can help
> email me at   asor...@link.com.au

> Thankyou.
> Adam Sorati