BDE engine question

hi,

I have to put my program and the BDE on a CD-rom, I want it to autostart the
program IF the BDE is installed on the PC, if the BDE is NOT installed on
the PC I want it to autostart the BDE setup.

my question is, is there a registry entry you can check for that is always
there is the BDE is installed ?

I think this is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Borland\Database Engine
but am not 100% sure ?

--
Alex

remove .nospam if you reply by e-mail
The Motherboard Monitor:
      http://www.euronet.nl/users/darkside/mbmonitor/
For long you live and high you fly,
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry,
And all you touch and all you see,
Is all your life will ever be.

Re:BDE engine question

Alex van Kaam wrote:
> hi,

> I have to put my program and the BDE on a CD-rom, I want it to autostart the
> program IF the BDE is installed on the PC, if the BDE is NOT installed on
> the PC I want it to autostart the BDE setup.

> my question is, is there a registry entry you can check for that is always
> there is the BDE is installed ?

> I think this is: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Borland\Database Engine
> but am not 100% sure ?

I'm not sure exactly, but you might want to have a look at

http://support.installshield.com/resource/is5_wh_paper.htm

Other Threads