Keyboard problems Delphi 1.0

When running a Delphi 1.0 program, sometimes the keyboard simply seems to
lock up. When I exit and restart Windows (3.11) the keyboard works nicely
again. There doesn't seem to be any pattern, it just happens seemingly at
random. This gets really frustrating after a while!
Is this a bug in Delphi 1?
Is this happening just to me or has anyone else had this same problem?
If you recognize this problem an know a solution, please contact me at:
cdirc...@worldonline.nl

Additional info:
This happens on a Pentium 100, 16Mb RAM running on a small Lansmart network
as well as a stand-alone Pentium 200, 32Mb RAM.
DOS version 6.2, Windows 3.11

Re:Keyboard problems Delphi 1.0

I had the same problem in 1995 - almost same environment (486, though:-).
Never heard about this problem again from anybody before your posting.

In my case - it turned out to be bad keyboard:-(

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Hope That Helps
Nikolai Sklobovsky,
Programmer-analyst,
Retail Technologies International, Inc.
email: ni...@retailrpo.com
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

cdircken wrote in message <01bce232$8e9b0ee0$LocalHost@p200>...
>When running a Delphi 1.0 program, sometimes the keyboard simply seems to
>lock up. When I exit and restart Windows (3.11) the keyboard works nicely
>again. There doesn't seem to be any pattern, it just happens seemingly at
>random. This gets really frustrating after a while!
>Is this a bug in Delphi 1?
>Is this happening just to me or has anyone else had this same problem?
>If you recognize this problem an know a solution, please contact me at:
>cdirc...@worldonline.nl

>Additional info:
>This happens on a Pentium 100, 16Mb RAM running on a small Lansmart network
>as well as a stand-alone Pentium 200, 32Mb RAM.
>DOS version 6.2, Windows 3.11

Re:Keyboard problems Delphi 1.0

There is a known bug of things locking up if you have code size optimize
'ON'

Look in Options|Project|Linker| and check that 'EXE & DLL optimize for size
and load time' is *NOT* checked..

Regards,

Laurie Bisman    lbis...@ihug.co.nz (ICQ 1458799)
Web page          http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~lbisman/index.html
Company           http://www.addlink.ac.nz/Home.htm

cdircken <cdirc...@worldonline.nl> wrote in article
<01bce232$8e9b0ee0$LocalHost@p200>...

> When running a Delphi 1.0 program, sometimes the keyboard simply seems to
> lock up. When I exit and restart Windows (3.11) the keyboard works nicely
> again. There doesn't seem to be any pattern, it just happens seemingly at
> random. This gets really frustrating after a while!
> Is this a bug in Delphi 1?
> Is this happening just to me or has anyone else had this same problem?
> If you recognize this problem an know a solution, please contact me at:
> cdirc...@worldonline.nl

> Additional info:
> This happens on a Pentium 100, 16Mb RAM running on a small Lansmart
network
> as well as a stand-alone Pentium 200, 32Mb RAM.
> DOS version 6.2, Windows 3.11

Re:Keyboard problems Delphi 1.0

There is a known bug in D1 where the use of a MaskEdit component can cause
keyboard locking on some machines.    Try going to
http://www.dataweb.nl/~r.p.sterkenburg/indexpag.htm which is
the Delphi bug list index and look under Visual Component Library/TMaskEdit
for some info on this bug and how to fix it (if you have the source code).

Hope this helps!
--

Rodney E Geraghty
GERA-Tech

cdircken <cdirc...@worldonline.nl> wrote in article
<01bce232$8e9b0ee0$LocalHost@p200>...

> When running a Delphi 1.0 program, sometimes the keyboard simply seems to
> lock up. When I exit and restart Windows (3.11) the keyboard works nicely
> again. There doesn't seem to be any pattern, it just happens seemingly at
> random. This gets really frustrating after a while!
> Is this a bug in Delphi 1?
> Is this happening just to me or has anyone else had this same problem?
> If you recognize this problem an know a solution, please contact me at:
> cdirc...@worldonline.nl

> Additional info:
> This happens on a Pentium 100, 16Mb RAM running on a small Lansmart
network
> as well as a stand-alone Pentium 200, 32Mb RAM.
> DOS version 6.2, Windows 3.11

Other Threads