Get Z order of individual windows...

Is it possible to get the individual Z order of a set of windows
belonging to your application. I have a non MDI application with 5
different windows where I need to know the Z order of all of them.

I need a list saying that window 1 has a Z value of 1, window 2 has a
Z value of 3 and so on...

I need this information so that I can tell which one is over the
other, which one is beneath the other etc...

How is this done? Windows doesn't seem to have any good ways of doing
this (just getting the TopWindow), or am I missing something?

Thanks

Anders Sultan
and...@hypermedija.net

Re:Get Z order of individual windows...

"Anders Sultan" <and...@hypermedija.net> wrote in message

> Is it possible to get the individual Z order of a set of windows
> belonging to your application. I have a non MDI application with 5
> different windows where I need to know the Z order of all of them.

> I need a list saying that window 1 has a Z value of 1, window 2 has a
> Z value of 3 and so on...

> I need this information so that I can tell which one is over the
> other, which one is beneath the other etc...

> How is this done? Windows doesn't seem to have any good ways of doing
> this (just getting the TopWindow), or am I missing something?

> Thanks

> Anders Sultan
> and...@hypermedija.net

See info on GetNextWindow() Win32 API function.

Best regards,
Andriy Mykulyak.

Other Threads