Turbo Vision

I was wondering if anyone knew how to save the text in the current
window in turbo Vision.  I am trying to write my own assembly compiler
IDE and I want what is in the active window sent to a temporary file so
that I can compile it with TASM.
  Thanks
Jake Richards
jac...@cs.clemson.edu

Re:Turbo Vision

You may wanna try the TEditor ojects for this kind of work.
Also check out the help topics on TDosStream. It's the Turbo
Vision object used for output to a Dos file.

Re:Turbo Vision

Jake Richards (jac...@cs.clemson.edu) wrote:

: I was wondering if anyone knew how to save the text in the current
: window in turbo Vision.  I am trying to write my own assembly compiler

Send a cmSave. Simple as that. If you want to save to a temporary file
send a cmSaveTMP and handle that in your editor's handlevent.
(which doi something like this:

  oldfilenmnae := filename;
  filename := 'tmpfile';
  Savefile;
  filename := oldfilename;
)

Hope it helps.

/Jonas
| Who? Me?: Jonas Steverud                         | If All is One,      |
| EMail...: d4jo...@dtek.chalmers.se               |  is then One All?   |
| Home....: http://www.dtek.chalmers.se/%7Ed4jonas |                     |