Board index » delphi » record locking using Delphi's bde

record locking using Delphi's bde

Hi there,

Does anyone know how to lock a record using BDE ? It seems to me that
 ADO has such feature but I can't see it in BDE.

regards,
R.L.

 

Re:record locking using Delphi's bde


Quote
"Richard " <embo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know how to lock a record using BDE ? It seems to me that
>  ADO has such feature but I can't see it in BDE.

    aTable.Edit;

The lock is released with

    aTable.Cancel;
or
    aTable.Post;

Re:record locking using Delphi's bde


On Thu, 29 Aug 2002 12:48:34 -0400, "Bruce Roberts"

Quote
<b...@bounceitattcanada.xnet> wrote:

>"Richard " <embo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

>> Does anyone know how to lock a record using BDE ? It seems to me that
>>  ADO has such feature but I can't see it in BDE.

>    aTable.Edit;

>The lock is released with

>    aTable.Cancel;
>or
>    aTable.Post;

Also, the BDE locks records when you are using TQuery in the live
update mode. I haven't needed them, but I recall the BDE has some
calls to lock records and tables directly. There is a help file in the
BDE directory; I think that is where to look. I'll check to be sure.

Dan

Re:record locking using Delphi's bde


Usually the BDE takes care of the appropriate locking.
If you need more control, I think you'll have to go to
BDE API calls.  There's a complete list, with examples in
Delphi, if you follow the links from
http://info.borland.com/devsupport/bde/
--
Rick Carter
carte...@email.uc.edu   Rick.Car...@ParadoxCommunity.com
Chair,   Paradox/Delphi SIG,   Cincinnati PC Users Group

Re:record locking using Delphi's bde


Thanks for your reply, I checked with those information, it should work
for me. Basicaly, I want to edit a record exclusively that any other modify
attemp will be blocked and return immediately. Can BDE takes care of this ?
currently, BDE in my application overrides each other's edit without giving
any notification.

In article <akmc8s$8t...@news.ececs.uc.edu>, carte...@news.ececs.uc.edu says...

Quote
> Usually the BDE takes care of the appropriate locking.
> If you need more control, I think you'll have to go to
> BDE API calls.  There's a complete list, with examples in
> Delphi, if you follow the links from
> http://info.borland.com/devsupport/bde/
> --
> Rick Carter
> carte...@email.uc.edu   Rick.Car...@ParadoxCommunity.com
> Chair,   Paradox/Delphi SIG,   Cincinnati PC Users Group

Re:record locking using Delphi's bde


Quote
Richard wrote:

> currently, BDE in my application overrides each other's edit without
> giving any notification.

And that clearly indicates your BDE settings for network usage
are set wrong.

You don't have to browse backwards very many days in this
newsgroup, and you'll easily find answers about the right
BDE settings.

<followup only to: news:comp.lang.pascal.delphi.databases newsgroup>

Re:record locking using Delphi's bde


In article <3D6F1E24.2...@iki.fi>, m...@iki.fi says...
Quote
> Richard wrote:

I just jointed this group two days ago, I am glad I have some useful respond
would you please let me know which tread it was that i can search the news
server?

Thanks

Quote

> > currently, BDE in my application overrides each other's edit without
> > giving any notification.

> And that clearly indicates your BDE settings for network usage
> are set wrong.

> You don't have to browse backwards very many days in this
> newsgroup, and you'll easily find answers about the right
> BDE settings.

> <followup only to: news:comp.lang.pascal.delphi.databases newsgroup>

Re:record locking using Delphi's bde


Quote
embo...@hotmail.com (Richard ) wrote in message <news:MPG.17da044957343737989682@news.telpacific.com.au>...
> In article <3D6F1E24.2...@iki.fi>, m...@iki.fi says...
> > Richard wrote:
> I just jointed this group two days ago, I am glad I have some useful respond
> would you please let me know which tread it was that i can search the news
> server?

> Thanks

> > > currently, BDE in my application overrides each other's edit without
> > > giving any notification.

> > And that clearly indicates your BDE settings for network usage
> > are set wrong.

> > You don't have to browse backwards very many days in this
> > newsgroup, and you'll easily find answers about the right
> > BDE settings.

> > <followup only to: news:comp.lang.pascal.delphi.databases newsgroup>

Hi Richard,

Just try http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,15247,00.html
also try http://delphi.about.com/ that should get you reading for awhile.

John

Other Threads