Board index » delphi » BDE/INSTALLSHIELD BUG

BDE/INSTALLSHIELD BUG

When I install the BDE on a
other Computer which has the BDE installed there is a
problem!
The Computer has two idapiXX.dll's !
One program tries to load this one the other
program tries to load that one and then i
get error $210c !
This couldn't be ok! Or?

Sebastian Scherer
--

Smash Software
-your solution-
look for SMASH's Planer at "http://www.theoffice.net/smash"

 

Re:BDE/INSTALLSHIELD BUG


Quote
>The Computer has two idapiXX.dll's !
>One program tries to load this one the other
>program tries to load that one and then i
>get error $210c !
>This couldn't be ok! Or?

No it is not OK but I don't understand how it is happening.
Are both of these in the same directory?

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:BDE/INSTALLSHIELD BUG


Quote
>No it is not OK but I don't understand how it is happening.

I'm not sure about current versions but one of the reasons I dumped IS some
time ago was because it does not check for the existance of an already
installed BDE. If you set the directory to c:\x\y\z that's where the BDE
ends up, regardless. How that installation software got the "official" stamp
from Borland beats me.

Re:BDE/INSTALLSHIELD BUG


I'm also very confused!
If i install the bde in a separate directory it is ok!

--

Smash Software
-your solution-
look for SMASH's Planer at "http://www.theoffice.net/smash"

Re:BDE/INSTALLSHIELD BUG


On Tue, 13 Jan 1998 08:51:47 +0100, "Daniel Tobar" <dto...@redestb.es>
wrote:

Quote
>time ago was because it does not check for the existance of an already
>installed BDE. If you set the directory to c:\x\y\z that's where the BDE

That issue was raised a couple of months (7 to be exact) ago and has been
addressed by InstallShield.

Happy coding

Stefan Paetow
ellipse data systems
-
= Spam-garbled address: ellipse-data.co.za@stefan - swap domain and uname
= Any opinions here are my personal opinions, not those of my company
= Home on the web: http://www.ellipse-data.com/
= Delphi User Groups in South Africa: http://www.delphi.co.za/dugg/

Re:BDE/INSTALLSHIELD BUG


Are you saying the IS version that comes with D3 does not suffer from this?

Stefan Paetow escribi en mensaje <34bd2a11.3098...@iceland.ml.org>...

Quote

>That issue was raised a couple of months (7 to be exact) ago and has been
>addressed by InstallShield.

Re:BDE/INSTALLSHIELD BUG


On Thu, 15 Jan 1998 18:34:49 +0100, "Daniel Tobar" <dto...@redestb.es>
wrote:

Quote
>Are you saying the IS version that comes with D3 does not suffer from this?

Express CE for Delphi unfortunately does not have the search feature.
However InstallShield has assured me that the new version will have it.
When that is released I don't know.

I know that the BDE Search issue was a very sore point for quite a few
developers, and that is why it has been addressed.

Happy coding

Stefan Paetow
ellipse data systems
-
= Spam-garbled address: ellipse-data.co.za@stefan - swap domain and uname
= Any opinions here are my personal opinions, not those of my company
= Home on the web: http://www.ellipse-data.com/
= Delphi User Groups in South Africa: http://www.delphi.co.za/dugg/

Re:BDE/INSTALLSHIELD BUG


Thanks for the info but it seems to corroborate what I said before. Big
difference between "has been addressed" (7 months ago as per your message)
and "has been fixed".

Quote

>Express CE for Delphi unfortunately does not have the search feature.
>However InstallShield has assured me that the new version will have it.
>When that is released I don't know.

>I know that the BDE Search issue was a very sore point for quite a few
>developers, and that is why it has been addressed.

Re:BDE/INSTALLSHIELD BUG


On Fri, 16 Jan 1998 08:37:28 +0100, "Daniel Tobar" <dto...@redestb.es>
wrote:

Quote
>Thanks for the info but it seems to corroborate what I said before. Big
>difference between "has been addressed" (7 months ago as per your message)
>and "has been fixed".

No no, it has been addressed seven months ago, and has been fixed.
Unfortunately I don't know when a new version of Express is released.

Happy coding

Stefan Paetow
ellipse data systems
-
= Spam-garbled address: ellipse-data.co.za@stefan - swap domain and uname
= Any opinions here are my personal opinions, not those of my company
= Home on the web: http://www.ellipse-data.com/
= Delphi User Groups in South Africa: http://www.delphi.co.za/dugg/

Other Threads