Interbase error "record/Key deleted"

I am using interbase - local server version.  I insert a record into a
table using the ttable.insert method.  Then I update all the fields and
access other tables, updating some of them.  Based on the result of that,
I finish my update to the original table and call the post method.

As soon as I do, I get a dialog box complaining about a "record/Key
deleted" error.  Since the code is in a try/except block, the next thing
that happens is my exception handler grabs it, decodes the error status
and returns a message about
   edbenginerror  error code 8708  record key deleted cat 34 subcode 4

Anyone have any idea what is going on or what the message means or where
in heaven's name to look it up????

thanks!

-Dave

--
Dave Krajcar, Alternative Solutions
rai...@pacifier.com

Re:Interbase error "record/Key deleted"

Hi Dave,
  I don't understand why you're doing what you're doing in the order
you're doing it.  The comments below make it sound like the db is not
first-order normalized.  If that's not the case, all of these operations
should be rolled into a transaction, not posted separately.

Andy Sallee

Dave Krajcar wrote:
> I am using interbase - local server version.  I insert a record into a
> table using the ttable.insert method.  Then I update all the fields and
> access other tables, updating some of them.  Based on the result of that,
> I finish my update to the original table and call the post method.

> As soon as I do, I get a dialog box complaining about a "record/Key
> deleted" error.

Read the document 'working with auto-increment fields' available at the
borland home page and at www.mers.com.

Oliver Townshend
Sashalom Pty Ltd

Other Threads