TQuery.CanModify = false when RequestLive = true

I am trying to update the contents of a query.  I have RequestLive=True, and
the query will run.  It is a simple one table select statement with a where
clause that identifies a single row.  The DBMS is Oracle 7.2.  I am using ODBC.
The table is defined with a primary key.  I can only seem to retrieve a
readonly result set.  Has anyone else seen this situation?

Thanks

Re:TQuery.CanModify = false when RequestLive = true

Yes, we had real problems w/ this.  We're using Watcom SQL & Delphi. The
problem is the limited queries possible through the BDE.  See the manual
for exactly what queries are possible.  If you try to pass through a
query that the BDE cannot parse, it passes the query through no problem
but always returns read-only data.

Marcus Chapman
The information I post is wholly my own, and not
necessarily the view of my employer.

linc...@basic.net (lincoln) wrote:
>I am trying to update the contents of a query.  I have RequestLive=True, and
>the query will run.  It is a simple one table select statement with a where
>clause that identifies a single row.  The DBMS is Oracle 7.2.  I am using ODBC.
>The table is defined with a primary key.  I can only seem to retrieve a
>readonly result set.  Has anyone else seen this situation?

>Thanks

Other Threads