Microsoft Sql Server 7.0

How to use Delphi 3.01 (BDE 5.0) C/S with MS Sql Server 7.0?

if i use a StoredProcedure the i receive a message that the sysprocedures
table does not exists any more(what is a fact in MS Sql 7)
Is there another Sql Links avaiable?

Regards,

Leonardo

Re:Microsoft Sql Server 7.0

Leonardo,

   You still can use TStoredProcs, but you must type in the stored
procedure's name.

StoredProc.StoredProcName := '<your stored proc name>';

Good luck,
krf

Leonardo Borges de Morais <mor...@datawin.com.br> wrote in article
<7163g4$c...@forums.borland.com>...

> How to use Delphi 3.01 (BDE 5.0) C/S with MS Sql Server 7.0?

> if i use a StoredProcedure the i receive a message that the sysprocedures
> table does not exists any more(what is a fact in MS Sql 7)
> Is there another Sql Links avaiable?

> Regards,

> Leonardo

Re:Microsoft Sql Server 7.0

An updated SQL Links driver will be available after MSSQL 7 ships.

T.Ramesh.

Leonardo Borges de Morais wrote:

> How to use Delphi 3.01 (BDE 5.0) C/S with MS Sql Server 7.0?

> if i use a StoredProcedure the i receive a message that the sysprocedures
> table does not exists any more(what is a fact in MS Sql 7)
> Is there another Sql Links avaiable?

> Regards,

> Leonardo

Re:Microsoft Sql Server 7.0

In article <36376C11.66B2A...@inprise.com>, Ramesh Theivendran wrote:
> An updated SQL Links driver will be available after MSSQL 7 ships.

hooray

 Taz Higgins...

Re:Microsoft Sql Server 7.0

Alternatively use a TQuery with the SQL set as

EXECUTE sp_ProcName :Param1, :ParamN ...

and use Query.ExecSQL;

cheers
Ian

Re:Microsoft Sql Server 7.0

Will SQL links drivers for MS SQL Server 7.0 be implemented using ODBC or
DBLib, since ODBC is native method for accessing MSSQL and Microsoft will
stop developing DBLib.

If SQLLinks driver for MSSQL 7.0 is implemented using ODBC, what are
advantages of purchasing C/S version of Delphi since professional version
also allows us to use ODBC.

Taz Higgins wrote:
> In article <36376C11.66B2A...@inprise.com>, Ramesh Theivendran wrote:
> > An updated SQL Links driver will be available after MSSQL 7 ships.

> hooray

>  Taz Higgins...

Re:Microsoft Sql Server 7.0

>Will SQL links drivers for MS SQL Server 7.0 be implemented using ODBC or
>DBLib, since ODBC is native method for accessing MSSQL and Microsoft will
>stop developing DBLib.

ADO/OLEDB is the native method accessing SQL 7, not ODBC.

DBLIB and ODBC are both "wrapped" to ADO calls for SQL 7.  We will continue to
use DBLib for SQL Links connectivity.  We're also working on an ADO driver that
will not require the BDE.  No dates for either driver have been scheduled, so
don't bother asking <g>.

John Kaster, Enterprise Product Manager
Please post MIDAS-related messages in inprise.public.midas

Other Threads