COM Servers & W2000

Hi

Executables COM servers register himself each time is executed.
In W2000, users created with the simple default users coulden't executed
because they haven't some write permissions. An EOleSysError Exception
appears saying it was an error when accessing the OLE registry.
With Power Users it works fine.

Delphi's out-process com doesn't work with this type or W2000 users?
Is it necessary changing anything to make out-process com servers run wit
this configuration?
Where exactly write the com servers' automatic registration?

Thanks in advance.
Regards.

Re:COM Servers & W2000

I believe sombody posted the correct fix to this a while back on this forum.
It involves adjusting the error trap in ComServ when registration fails.

--
have fun
Binh Ly

"Manolo Garca" <mgar...@consoft.es> wrote in message

> Executables COM servers register himself each time is executed.
> In W2000, users created with the simple default users coulden't executed
> because they haven't some write permissions. An EOleSysError Exception
> appears saying it was an error when accessing the OLE registry.
> With Power Users it works fine.

> Delphi's out-process com doesn't work with this type or W2000 users?
> Is it necessary changing anything to make out-process com servers run wit
> this configuration?
> Where exactly write the com servers' automatic registration?

Re:COM Servers & W2000

I'm sorry but I cannot find it.
Do you remember the topic they are talking about? or the approx. date?
Can I avoid the automatic COM registration?

Thanks

"Binh Ly" <b...@castle.net> escribi en el mensaje news:3bddf252_1@dnews...

> I believe sombody posted the correct fix to this a while back on this
forum.
> It involves adjusting the error trap in ComServ when registration fails.

Re:COM Servers & W2000

I'm having the same problem.
I have looked in past articles and came up empty...
Anyone have ideas?

Thanks

> I'm sorry but I cannot find it.
> Do you remember the topic they are talking about? or the approx. date?
> Can I avoid the automatic COM registration?

> Thanks

> "Binh Ly" <b...@castle.net> escribi en el mensaje news:3bddf252_1@dnews...
> > I believe sombody posted the correct fix to this a while back on this
> forum.
> > It involves adjusting the error trap in ComServ when registration fails.

Re:COM Servers & W2000

hi,

see my reply on your COM servers and security message.

--
Peter.van.Ooi...@Gekko-Software.nl
http://www.Gekko-Software.nl/Delphi

> I'm sorry but I cannot find it.
> Do you remember the topic they are talking about? or the approx. date?
> Can I avoid the automatic COM registration?

> Thanks

> "Binh Ly" <b...@castle.net> escribi en el mensaje news:3bddf252_1@dnews...
> > I believe sombody posted the correct fix to this a while back on this
> forum.
> > It involves adjusting the error trap in ComServ when registration fails.

Re:COM Servers & W2000

hi,

this problem kept floating in my head and it was a good inspiration for a
chapter on my website.
The solution seems to be to switch to a newer Delphi version. The errortrap
has been fixed by Borland in Delphi 5 (.01?)
If you want to read more about it, check the chapter on class factories on
my web site

regards

--

"Binh Ly" <b...@castle.net> wrote in message news:3bddf252_1@dnews...
> I believe sombody posted the correct fix to this a while back on this
forum.
> It involves adjusting the error trap in ComServ when registration fails.

> --
> have fun
> Binh Ly
> http://www.techvanguards.com

> "Manolo Garca" <mgar...@consoft.es> wrote in message
> > Executables COM servers register himself each time is executed.
> > In W2000, users created with the simple default users coulden't executed
> > because they haven't some write permissions. An EOleSysError Exception
> > appears saying it was an error when accessing the OLE registry.
> > With Power Users it works fine.

> > Delphi's out-process com doesn't work with this type or W2000 users?
> > Is it necessary changing anything to make out-process com servers run
wit
> > this configuration?
> > Where exactly write the com servers' automatic registration?

Other Threads