Delphi 5 / bde 5.11 / windows 2000 / oracle 7.3 problem

I'm having a strange problem on one
of my clients machines running windows 2000 service pack 2,
with bde 5.11 againts an oracle 7.3 server.

The thing is that my delphi 5 application are working fine
on NT 4 and other windows 2000 machines, but
on this particular machine the applicaton won't work
and dr. watson is poping up.

So far I managed to debug with a test application
that I can connect to the Oracle server but when
the application try to create a datamodule form it fails ?????????
I made the same appliction with delphi 6 and then it was
working fine..

I know that delphi 5 is not fully certified on windows 2000
but is there some workaround or a known problem I'm missing ?

Any ideas ?

r...@kku.no

Re:Delphi 5 / bde 5.11 / windows 2000 / oracle 7.3 problem

It's possible that the service pack 2 makes this problem. SP2 updates also
MDAC V2.5.
Remove SP2 and try it again.

"Bj?rn Remi R?nsen" <bron...@start.no> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> I'm having a strange problem on one
> of my clients machines running windows 2000 service pack 2,
> with bde 5.11 againts an oracle 7.3 server.

> The thing is that my delphi 5 application are working fine
> on NT 4 and other windows 2000 machines, but
> on this particular machine the applicaton won't work
> and dr. watson is poping up.

> So far I managed to debug with a test application
> that I can connect to the Oracle server but when
> the application try to create a datamodule form it fails ?????????
> I made the same appliction with delphi 6 and then it was
> working fine..

> I know that delphi 5 is not fully certified on windows 2000
> but is there some workaround or a known problem I'm missing ?

> Any ideas ?

> r...@kku.no

Re:Delphi 5 / bde 5.11 / windows 2000 / oracle 7.3 problem

Well I have already tried to uninstall it without any success,
besides this I'm deploying mdac 2.6.

Any other suggestion(s) ?

r...@kku.no

Other Threads