Maintaining Record Order in Live Result Sets

I am working on a live result set using Delphi 4 and Access 97.    The sql
statement contains an order by clause.  When I insert a new record I set the
value of the sort field equal to the record at the insert position.
However, when I move off the record, it flies away to the bottom of the
result set.   How do I maintain the sort order ?  I am using cached updates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Anthony Magauran

Re:Maintaining Record Order in Live Result Sets

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000 20:09:15 -0000, "AFM" <t...@alltech.co.uk> wrote:
>However, when I move off the record, it flies away to the bottom of the
>result set.   How do I maintain the sort order ?  I am using cached updates.

You'll find it extremely difficult if not impossible to maintain the
sort order when using cached updates.  My suggestion would be to use
something like a in-memory table (e.g. TKBMTable).

Jan

Other Threads