UNC gives "Invalid File Name"

I have an ISAPI application running under Delphi 5.01.  It accesses a
Paradox database using an alias which is normally mapped to a local drive.

However, if I map that alias to a UNC path (same location) it gives an error
"EDBEngineError with message 'Invalid file name.'."

Non-ISAPI applications seem okay, although I have experienced similar
problems with them on-site.

Any thoughts - I seem to have hit a full stop ont his one!

TIA.

Re:UNC gives "Invalid File Name"

  Sounds like your ISAPI is running under IIS as an anonymous user.  UNC
names are only accessible to specific user accounts under NT, not local
system accounts or anonymous users.  You need to either use a mapped drive
or run the DLL under a specific account (although I'm not familiar with how
to do that, offhand).
-Howard

Karl Royle <ka...@pcgsystems.co.uk> wrote in message

> I have an ISAPI application running under Delphi 5.01.  It accesses a
> Paradox database using an alias which is normally mapped to a local drive.

> However, if I map that alias to a UNC path (same location) it gives an
error
> "EDBEngineError with message 'Invalid file name.'."

> Non-ISAPI applications seem okay, although I have experienced similar
> problems with them on-site.

> Any thoughts - I seem to have hit a full stop ont his one!

> TIA.

Re:UNC gives "Invalid File Name"

Thanks Howard,

I'll investigate along those lines.  At least it's something to try!

Cheers,

Karl R

"Howard Moon" <hm...@landstar.com> wrote in message

>   Sounds like your ISAPI is running under IIS as an anonymous user.  UNC
> names are only accessible to specific user accounts under NT, not local
> system accounts or anonymous users.  You need to either use a mapped drive
> or run the DLL under a specific account (although I'm not familiar with
how
> to do that, offhand).
> -Howard

> Karl Royle <ka...@pcgsystems.co.uk> wrote in message
> > I have an ISAPI application running under Delphi 5.01.  It accesses a
> > Paradox database using an alias which is normally mapped to a local
drive.

> > However, if I map that alias to a UNC path (same location) it gives an
> error
> > "EDBEngineError with message 'Invalid file name.'."

> > Non-ISAPI applications seem okay, although I have experienced similar
> > problems with them on-site.

> > Any thoughts - I seem to have hit a full stop ont his one!

> > TIA.

Other Threads