Using clipboard to move data between DB apps

Hello world,

  does anyone know any good site where a good explanation how to manage data
between a Grid and the Clipboard? Ultimately it should tell me how to be
able to let the user cut data from any grid, like MSAccess or Excel, and
then paste it into my DBGrid (or RxDBGrid).

  Or maybe somone in this newsgroup can give me a hint how to do this?

Thanks

Mattias

Re:Using clipboard to move data between DB apps

Use a TActionList componet. It is the last component on the Standard page of
the palette.

--
Bill

Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Using clipboard to move data between DB apps

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000 22:15:36 +0100, "Mattias Lundin"

<ludde....@telia.com> wrote:
>  does anyone know any good site where a good explanation how to manage data
>between a Grid and the Clipboard? Ultimately it should tell me how to be
>able to let the user cut data from any grid, like MSAccess or Excel, and
>then paste it into my DBGrid (or RxDBGrid).

>  Or maybe somone in this newsgroup can give me a hint how to do this?

First of all, please do not cross-post your message.

The clipboard can contain more than one format of the same data at the
same time.  Most grid-type application like Excel also save the data
in text format.  This is mostly an ASCII text format with a <TAB>
character between the fields and <CR><LF> after each record.

It shouldn't be very difficult to read this format in a DBGrid.

HTH,

Jan

Other Threads