DBLookupComboBox Click event doesn't work!

I am doing a lookup in a dBaseIII table and trying to retrieve the record
in that table.  I am using a DBLookupComboBox to find the record in the
table.  I have DBEdit boxes attached to the same table.  In DELPHI 1.0,
the click event in the DBLookupComboBox does not work and is never
invoked!  If an item is selected from the pulldown list it will not
invoke a click event nor update a set of DBEdit boxes connected to the
same table.  The same DBEdit boxes will update if the scroll bar on the
combo's pulldown is clicked for browsing the pulldown list.  Clicking on
an item in the list will not update the text boxes but the combo's text
box will show the selected item.  This is a definite bug in the control!
 The demo source DBAWARE2.DPR supplied with DELPHI shows the same problem
with this control.

--
Alexander Medwedew
Computer Ventures, Inc.

Re:DBLookupComboBox Click event doesn't work!

On Sun, 28 Jul 1996 16:05:36 -0700, Alexander Medwedew

<compv...@tribeca.ios.com> wrote:
>I am doing a lookup in a dBaseIII table and trying to retrieve the record
>in that table.  I am using a DBLookupComboBox to find the record in the
>table.  I have DBEdit boxes attached to the same table.  In DELPHI 1.0,
>the click event in the DBLookupComboBox does not work and is never
>invoked!  If an item is selected from the pulldown list it will not
>invoke a click event nor update a set of DBEdit boxes connected to the
>same table.  The same DBEdit boxes will update if the scroll bar on the
>combo's pulldown is clicked for browsing the pulldown list.  Clicking on
>an item in the list will not update the text boxes but the combo's text
>box will show the selected item.  This is a definite bug in the control!
> The demo source DBAWARE2.DPR supplied with DELPHI shows the same problem
>with this control.

>--
>Alexander Medwedew
>Computer Ventures, Inc.
>compv...@tribeca.ios.com
>http://tribeca.ios.com/~compvent/

The same problem exists in Delphi 2.x.  I have no clue on the reason.

Brien King
bk...@primenet.com

Other Threads