HELP I hate Pdoxusrs.lck

Hi,

I have make application with Delphi 2/Paradox.  It will running in
several computer on a network to access a database on the meantime.

My problem is when there is a program in the network open the DB, it
will automatically generate a file: PDOXUSRS.LCK, this file will prevent
any other program from other computer to read the DB.

What function of PDOXUSRS.LCK is?

How can I solve it, please help me!

my mail: jose...@ticketmaster.ca

Thanks a lot

Re:HELP I hate Pdoxusrs.lck

Joseph H. Tian <jose...@ticketmaster.ca> a crit dans l'article
<345E5535....@ticketmaster.ca>...

> I have make application with Delphi 2/Paradox.  It will running in
> several computer on a network to access a database on the meantime.

> My problem is when there is a program in the network open the DB, it
> will automatically generate a file: PDOXUSRS.LCK, this file will prevent
> any other program from other computer to read the DB.

> What function of PDOXUSRS.LCK is?

> How can I solve it, please help me!

Hi.

The PDOXUSRS.LCK is used by Paradox to prevent no controlled access to
a database. If you want to access to a database from several computer you
have to declare with bde administrator parameter "Net dir" (on every
computer)
a common directory for all the computers (the PDOXUSRS.LCK, in this
directory, become a common file).

Hope its help.

--
Bernard DANGUY

Coheris
Jouy en Josas - FRANCE

Re:HELP I hate Pdoxusrs.lck

Open the BDE configuration manager - click on paradox. The path netdir -
MUST be the same for all of your users. This will fix your problem.

Re:HELP I hate Pdoxusrs.lck

>What function of PDOXUSRS.LCK is?

>How can I solve it, please help me!

You need to have ALL of your users access the same pdoxusrs.net file on a
network drive.
You can do this either by specifying the net file path in the db alias in
BDE Admin [on ea. pc], or you
can do it programmatically using a TSession component and setting NetFileDir
at runtime
(be sure to set PrivateDir to a local drive on ea. users machine).

Also, when specifying the path to pdoxusrs.net you must use either UNC
directory naming conventions, OR every user must map THE EXACT SAME DRIVE
LETTER to the network path.  I recommend UNC if your network supports it.

BTW, a sample UNC path would be something like \\appserver\bdenetfile, as
opposed to X:\bdenetfile where X: maps to \\appserver.

And finally, the netfiledir doesn't have to be in the same dir as the
database, although it can be.

Other Threads