Editmask

I recently started using Delphi and have a problem with the Editmask
property. I tried to format the date in my database like this ##/##/## and
it work on screen but the actual date does not get connected to the
database itself. Every other field like the names addresses etc. are saved
on the database except the editmasked entry.

I know that this should be quite simple but I just cannot seem to get it
right.

Thank you for any help you can give.

Re:Editmask

I had the same problem (not the same mask, though), and it was because the
format wasn't correct for the database.  Use one of Delphi's EditMask
editor date masks ( Short Date, for example ) as a starting place.

HTH

Ken White

Re:Editmask

watk...@aol.com (Watkisd) writes:
>I recently started using Delphi and have a problem with the Editmask
>property. I tried to format the date in my database like this ##/##/## and
>it work on screen but the actual date does not get connected to the
>database itself. Every other field like the names addresses etc. are saved
>on the database except the editmasked entry.
>I know that this should be quite simple but I just cannot seem to get it
>right.
>Thank you for any help you can give.

Which component are you using? If you use a MaskEdit Component you need to post
the changes yourself to the table. I assume you're using that component.
You could also use the TTable component where you could use the Field Editor to
define your Edit masks.

Hope this helps,
        Benny

Other Threads