BDE (error $2108)

Help!

The following messages shows up when I'm running my two application on a remote PC (without
Delphi installed). The first message is from Delphi 2:

"An error occured while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $2108)"

and the second message is form Delphi 1:

"Exception EGPFault in module FILENAME.EXE at 0005:6576
 General protection fault in module FILENAME.EXE at 0005:6576"

My applicaton is working perfect on PC with Delphi installed!
What is wrong?
Please help!

Harald Nakstad

Re:BDE (error $2108)

Harald Nakstad wrote:

> Help!

> The following messages shows up when I'm running my two application on a remote PC (without
> Delphi installed). The first message is from Delphi 2:

> "An error occured while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $2108)"

> and the second message is form Delphi 1:

> "Exception EGPFault in module FILENAME.EXE at 0005:6576
>  General protection fault in module FILENAME.EXE at 0005:6576"

> My applicaton is working perfect on PC with Delphi installed!
> What is wrong?
> Please help!

> Harald Nakstad

In Windows 3.x this means the Windows.ini file [IDAPI] section is
probably not correctly pointing to the BDE.  I seem to remember a text
file with a description of how to fix this problem that comes with
Delphi.  It should read something like this:

[IDAPI]
DLLPATH=C:\IDAPI
CONFIGFILE01=c:\idapi\IDAPI.CFG

[Borland Language Drivers]
LDPath=C:\IDAPI\LANGDRV

Also, There's a Borland FAQ that answers this question but I can't
remember where it is from.

Alan

Re:BDE (error $2108)

Harald Nakstad wrote:
> "An error occured while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $2108)"

> and the second message is form Delphi 1:

> "Exception EGPFault in module FILENAME.EXE at 0005:6576
>  General protection fault in module FILENAME.EXE at 0005:6576"

I had a similar problem and got the following suggestion from a
guy on Compuserve(thanks!).

Check your swap file. The BDE seems inordinately sensitive to
memory shortages, in particular insufficient swap space.

It might do the trick, it worked for me!

Alan G.

Re:BDE (error $2108)

Harald Nakstad wrote:

> "An error occured while attempting to initialize the Borland
> Database Engine (error $2108)"

  <snip>

Error $21  :  System Related (Fatal Error)
Error $  08:  Cannot LOCATE IDAPIxx.DLL

  There's the answer to your problem....

--
Jason