Copying graphics to the clipboard?

Hi I hope someone can help me with this.

   I perform some operations on the canvas of a TImage component. When I've
finished
writing and drawing, I copy (from array structures) the same 'stuff' to a
Metafile Canvas.
   I have two procedures. The one below which is intended to copy both formats
to the
 clipboard and another which just assigns the Image.Picture to the clipboard.
The procedure that copies the Image.Picture to the clipboard results in a true
bitmap and DIB ({*word*193} but quick!) on the clipboard. The procedure below results
in three formats on the clipboard (according to Wordpad) Metafile picture, DIB,
and Bitmap.  When it comes to pasting these into the application, they all turn
out to be Metafiles.

Has anyone any idea at all as to what I'm doing wrong.

Any help at all greatly appreciated.

Gordon

procedure TForm1.ToolButton1Click(Sender: TObject);
var
ClipFormat: Array[0..30] of Char;
ClipFormat2: Array[0..30] of Char;
begin
StrPCopy(ClipFormat,'CF_ENHMETAFILE');
StrPCopy(ClipFormat2,'CF_BITMAP');
  {This doesn't actually seem to make any difference}
   RegisterClipBoardFormat(@ClipFormat2);
   RegisterClipBoardFormat(@ClipFormat);

begin
{procedure to write graphics from array structures to MetafileCanvas}
     WriteMetaFile;
{MFC2 is a MetafileCanvas, MF2 is the Metafile}
      if  MFC2 <> nil then MFC2.Free;
{<Try> and copy both formats to clipboard}
try
ClipBoard.Open;
   ClipBoard.Assign(Image1.Picture);
         ClipBoard.Assign(MF2);
finally
begin
   if MF2 <> nil then
     MF2.Free;
      ClipBoard.Close;
end;    {finally}
   end;
{procedure to clear the Image and arrays}
CreateNewWorkSpace;