MDI application(s)

In <hlabp.1.000F1...@euronet.nl>, hl...@euronet.nl (Hans_Lanslots) writes:

>Help,

>I'm trying to create a MDI application which contains several
>different one-instance MDI child forms.
>When the application starts NO child form should be visible.
>When I press a button on the Main form toolbar the associated child form that
>belongs to that specific button must become visible.
>When I close all the child forms the Main form window should not contain any
>child forms anymore.
>Although I tried to be creative (?) I'm not able to create a MDI main form
>that initially displays without any opened child forms.

>Can someone provide me a solution ????

>Hans Lanslots
>hl...@euronet.nl

Your problem is that a MDI child can not be created and hidden. If you check out
the Project menu item under Options in the Delphi IDE you'll se that your forms
probably appear on the autocreate list, which causes the forms to be displayed
when you start your application. Remove all the forms, except the Main MDI form
from the autocreate list, then write code for your buttons which open new
MDI childs.
If you need more help, post or e-mail me.

So long.

Re:MDI application(s)

hl...@euronet.nl (Hans_Lanslots) wrote:

> Help,

> I'm trying to create a MDI application which contains several
> different one-instance MDI child forms.
> When the application starts NO child form should be visible.
> When I press a button on the Main form toolbar the associated child form that
> belongs to that specific button must become visible.
> When I close all the child forms the Main form window should not contain any
> child forms anymore.
> Although I tried to be creative (?) I'm not able to create a MDI main form
> that initially displays without any opened child forms.

> Can someone provide me a solution ????

> Hans Lanslots
> hl...@euronet.nl

I tried to send a solution but you mail server didn't respond. Contact me at
hg_s...@uniserve.com and I will help you.

Re:MDI application(s)

In article <3vqs7m$...@nms.telepost.no> e...@nano.no writes:
>>Although I tried to be creative (?) I'm not able to create a MDI main form
>>that initially displays without any opened child forms.

>>Can someone provide me a solution ????

>>Hans Lanslots
>>hl...@euronet.nl

>Your problem is that a MDI child can not be created and hidden. If you check> out
>If you need more help, post or e-mail me.

Also, have a look at DELPHI\DEMOS\DOC\TEXTEDIT which is an MDI parent/child
windows editor demo which manages to do just what you're after.

--
cheers,
peter

     Peter Hyde, South Pacific Information Services Ltd, Christchurch, NZ
         while BombeNuclearTestCount > 0 do Dec(BombeNuclearTestCount);

Other Threads