Serial Communications

I have a device that outputs data to a serial port.  I'm trying to capture
that data in my computer.  Does anyone know of a freeware/almost component
that can handle this seemingly simple task ?

TIA
Arrow

Re:Serial Communications

I cannot help you with a freeware component however I can recommend a
good commercial tool that is not too expensive.
The company that I work for sells a serial communications program
called the Software Wedge that you may find to be a good tool for
adding serial communications capabilities to your application. The
Software Wedge is an executable program that can pass serial data back
and forth to other programs using either DDE (Dynamic Data Exchange)
or by converting incoming serial data to keystrokes (i.e. it stuffs
the keyboard buffer with the incoming serial data).
The program is extremely easy to use and is designed to have you up
and running sending and receiving serial data directly from within
your application in just a few minutes.
Please visit http://www.taltech.com for more information.
On Thu, 11 Feb 1999 22:52:14 -0500, "Arrow" <ar...@webspan.net> wrote:
>I have a device that outputs data to a serial port.  I'm trying to capture
>that data in my computer.  Does anyone know of a freeware/almost component
>that can handle this seemingly simple task ?

>TIA
>Arrow

Re:Serial Communications

|Arrow heeft geschreven in bericht <7a07vm$is...@remarQ.com>...
|I have a device that outputs data to a serial port.  I'm trying to capture
|that data in my computer.  Does anyone know of a freeware/almost component
|that can handle this seemingly simple task ?

Mail me, and I'll send you a (free) basic communications unit + demo, that
explains how to:
- enumerate available ports
- opening/closing ports
- setting baudrate/parity/stopbits
- sending/receiving data using threads

Regards,
Dirk Claessens
dirk.claess...@village.ZZuunet.be
dirk.claessens...@belgium.ZZagfa.com
Mailheader was forged  to fight spam !
Use the above and remove ZZ

Re:Serial Communications

You can go to Delphi Super Page.  There are quite a number of free
communication components.

Cheers

Arrow wrote in message <7a07vm$is...@remarQ.com>...
>I have a device that outputs data to a serial port.  I'm trying to capture
>that data in my computer.  Does anyone know of a freeware/almost component
>that can handle this seemingly simple task ?

>TIA
>Arrow

Other Threads