MS SQL 7.0 SQL Links Drivers

I just tested my application against MS SQL 7.0. It had some problems. Does
anyone know when a new version of SQL LINKS will be released?

Re:MS SQL 7.0 SQL Links Drivers

In article <6nbh90$4...@forums.borland.com>, "Norm" <n...@saleslogix.com> wrote:
>I just tested my application against MS SQL 7.0. It had some problems. Does
>anyone know when a new version of SQL LINKS will be released?

I am very curious as to how Inprise is going to handle this.  SQL Links is
based on NTWDBLIB.DLL, but MS has indicated that this interface will not be
upgraded to support new SQL Server 7 features.  Unless MS has reversed this,
it would mean that SQL Links would have to be significantly redesigned.

[* k...@kylecordes.com            |  For Delphi developers:  *]
[* Kyle Cordes Software Solutions |  BDE Alternatives Guide  *]
[* http://www.kylecordes.com      | MIDAS Alternatives Guide *]

Re:MS SQL 7.0 SQL Links Drivers

Kyle,

DBLIB will still work on MS SQL 7.0, but the problem I ran into was the
different system tables. I was at the MS SQL 7.0 lab last week, and MS is
keeping DBLIB, but not upgrading it.

wrote:

>>I just tested my application against MS SQL 7.0. It had some problems.
Does
>>anyone know when a new version of SQL LINKS will be released?

>I am very curious as to how Inprise is going to handle this.  SQL Links is
>based on NTWDBLIB.DLL, but MS has indicated that this interface will not be
>upgraded to support new SQL Server 7 features.  Unless MS has reversed
this,
>it would mean that SQL Links would have to be significantly redesigned.

>[* k...@kylecordes.com            |  For Delphi developers:  *]
>[* Kyle Cordes Software Solutions |  BDE Alternatives Guide  *]
>[* http://www.kylecordes.com      | MIDAS Alternatives Guide *]

Other Threads