DCOM Server on an NT Server

I'm trying to run a server on an NT Server (which will eventually run
Outlook by automation locally to get data), and have it pass a tiny bit of
data back to the client program on another computer that activated it in the
first place.

Can anybody tell me how to do this (not the Outlook part, I've figured that
out)?  I tried Eric Harmon's simple example in his Delphi COM Programming
book, but it doesn't seem to work on our system.  The server computer is an
NT machine, and my client machine is Windows 98.

Re:DCOM Server on an NT Server

You haven't really explained what the problem is and what you want help
with.

Is it security. If so you need to look at dcom cnfg security
settings(remembering to restart your DCom server when changing them)
Interface issues. Have you registered the DCOM server type libraries on the
client machine.
Resolving issues. Are you creating remote object passing in the server
machine name or IP.

All you've said is you've read a book and can't get figure something out.

Regards

Chris.

"Chris Baldwin" <chris.bald...@cableinet.co.uk> wrote in message

> You haven't really explained what the problem is and what you want help
> with.

Turns out it might be an authorization problem.  Check the "DCOM - Access is
denied" thread.

Other Threads