General SQL error - Delphi 2 ODBC to Access 7.0 mdb

I get the above error when I connect to my Access database, edit a record,
and post the change.

Database Desktop and Database Explorer use the ODBC connection fine, and
can edit the records, but I can't from Delphi2.

Using TTable, TDBEdit's, TDBNavigator, 32 bit ODBC datasource, BDE
correctly configured, etc..  The fact that DB Desktop and DB Explorer work
fine tells me that the problem isn't in the ODBC definition and
installation side.

If you know of a FAQ that holds the answer, be so kind as to point me in
it's direction.  All those that I've checked don't mention this particular
problem, most simply dealing with ODBC installation and configuration
problems, which I don't have.  The other 50% are from Rob in South Africa
trying to flog his component library.

Regards,

Ian.

Re:General SQL error - Delphi 2 ODBC to Access 7.0 mdb

Hi Ian!

You wrote:
> I get the above error when I connect to my Access database, edit a record,
> and post the change. <snip>
> If you know of a FAQ that holds the answer, be so kind as to point me in
> it's direction ...  the other 50% are from Rob in South Africa
> trying to flog his component library.

If I've hacked you off a tad, I apologise.

I really believe that Delphi BDE/SQL Links is courting disaster out there today - and that's why people like
us, with our full BDE replacement are doing OK.

Ian, we *really* believe in our stuff - so how about I just *give* you a copy free???  Maybe this will
convince you!! (See I'm not *all* that bad, perhaps a bit pushy sometimes...) <g>

Mail me if you're interested in the offer.

Regards,

Rob
--
Rob McGillivray
Manager: Client/server Software Development

Re:General SQL error - Delphi 2 ODBC to Access 7.0 mdb

I had some problems like that that I solved changing the update mode
property of the tables to upWhereChanged.

--
dbDelphi g...@centroin.com.br
10/08/96 13:29

Other Threads