Using TTable on Ascii files

I have a text file with this line in it
"Field1", "Field2", "Field3", "etc"

When I link this to a TTable and open it up, the whole line is stored in
one field called Field1 instead of 4 seperate fields.  Anyone know why?

Re:Using TTable on Ascii files

> I have a text file with this line in it
> "Field1", "Field2", "Field3", "etc"

> When I link this to a TTable and open it up, the whole line is stored in
> one field called Field1 instead of 4 seperate fields.  Anyone know why?

You need to create a "schema" file to tell BDE the table structure..

--
David Reed
Diamond Software Group, Inc

Re:Using TTable on Ascii files

>I have a text file with this line in it
>"Field1", "Field2", "Field3", "etc"

>When I link this to a TTable and open it up, the whole line is stored in
>one field called Field1 instead of 4 seperate fields.  Anyone know why?

In order to use an ASCII table you need to define a schema table that defines
the fields.  This file has the same name as your Ascii file and an .sch
extention.  See the topic Text file in BDE32.hlp for informaion on creating the
schema file.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com