Looking for REPORSMITH savvy people - HELP!

You can post your reply if you want others to know you can do the
REPORTSMITH dance, but I DO ASK that you PLEASE email your reply as
well.

I'm <I...@futuredontics.com>, but sometimes folks can only reach
<IS2%futuredontics....@primenet.com> - either way it should get here.

I'm trying to make heads or tails of how RS 2.51's MACROS work.  I *AM*
a programmer, a pretty good one if i say so myself.  But as is
**ALWAYS** the case SINCE PARADOX 1.0, REAL documentation from borland
is the stepchild of the product.  Half answers, without examples,
topics completely untouched, etc.  (So you call the PAY US 'help' line
I suppose)

I got my entire report set up - 90% complete - in one afternoon.  But
what should be a simple deleting of a blank line ("line squeeze" as DOS
Paradox would say) turns out to be the 5 day %10. And I am still stuck.

If I understand my RS 2.51 manual (Creating Reports), I must use macros
which define or assign DERIVEDFIELDS to get this (deleting a blank line
- which is one empty field) done.  But I do not know the DETAILS on
linking or calling these macros.

If I haven't lost you yet, then you the person I would love to hear
from.
Would ya have pity on another poor victim of the Bill Gates school of
"Make money, not working programs"??

Thank you very much (really)
Harry Abramowski
Systems Analyst at Futuredontics, Inc

Re:Looking for REPORSMITH savvy people - HELP!

I...@futuredontics.com (Harry Abramowski) wrote:
>I got my entire report set up - 90% complete - in one afternoon.  But
>what should be a simple deleting of a blank line ("line squeeze" as DOS
>Paradox would say) turns out to be the 5 day %10. And I am still stuck.

>If I understand my RS 2.51 manual (Creating Reports), I must use macros
>which define or assign DERIVEDFIELDS to get this (deleting a blank line
>- which is one empty field) done.  But I do not know the DETAILS on
>linking or calling these macros.

I'm sure you have received a reply to this, but look up :
< suppressing null fields - field squeezing >

   http://www.borland.com/TechInfo/rs/tinfo/ti2640.html

at Borland's web site.

But what I want to know, has the new version of ReportSmith (i.e. the 32 bit version)
have this feature built in, or do we have to create a Macro for it.

Ilan.
Melbourne, Australia
email : i...@werple.net.au

Other Threads