Database file format info.

In article <5tufrq$sk...@news.qub.ac.uk> of Tue, 26 Aug 1997 11:49:14 in

comp.lang.pascal.borland, s.fow...@qub.ac.uk wrote:
>Can anyone help me with this query?

>I have written a program using TP 6 one part of which stores
>information entered as a text file on the hard drive.
>This text file is later loaded and used by the database part of
>Microsoft Works for DOS.

>I would prefer to store the information directly in Microsoft
>Works format rather than as a text file.

As a compromise, it might be OK to write it in another format which
Works can understand.  ISTR that Word can read RTF format, and that is
an ASCII-based text description language so easy to deal with.  OTOH I
know nothing about Works databases.

--
John Stockton, Surrey, UK.    j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk    Turnpike v1.12    MIME.
  Web URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/ -- includes FAQqish topics and links.

Re:Database file format info.

Dr John Stockton wrote:
> >Can anyone help me with this query?

> >I have written a program using TP 6 one part of which stores
> >information entered as a text file on the hard drive.
> >This text file is later loaded and used by the database part of
> >Microsoft Works for DOS.

> >I would prefer to store the information directly in Microsoft
> >Works format rather than as a text file.

> As a compromise, it might be OK to write it in another format which
> Works can understand.  ISTR that Word can read RTF format, and that is
> an ASCII-based text description language so easy to deal with.  OTOH I
> know nothing about Works databases.

Nearly any database or spreadsheet can read comma delimited files (now
called CSV (Comma-Separated Values)).

AME

--
Fully 75% of my personal e-mail is unsolicited adverti{*word*224}t.
If you are a real person and have something to say to me then

Other Threads