Problem with Indy TCP server component

I wrote a simple app. which uses TIdTCPServer.
Its OK, but it raises an exception #10038 socket operation on non-socket
when I tried to close the application.

I tested the Indy TCP server demo and got the same result.

I'm using Indy 8.002B on W2K.

Re:Problem with Indy TCP server component

k_sadj...@isc.iranet.net (Khashayar Sadjadi) wrote in <39a24fce_2@dnews>:

>I wrote a simple app. which uses TIdTCPServer.
>Its OK, but it raises an exception #10038 socket operation on non-socket
>when I tried to close the application.

>I tested the Indy TCP server demo and got the same result.

Please view the comments in the code regarding this. It's also in the FAQ
(Winshoes) and it's been discussed a couple of days ago. In any case it
only happens in the IDE and it's not a bug.

--
Hadi Hariri
http://delphi.urusoft.com

Re:Problem with Indy TCP server component

k_sadj...@isc.iranet.net (Khashayar Sadjadi) wrote in <39a24fce_2@dnews>:

>I wrote a simple app. which uses TIdTCPServer.
>Its OK, but it raises an exception #10038 socket operation on non-socket
>when I tried to close the application.

>I tested the Indy TCP server demo and got the same result.

See the Winshoes FAQ.

--
Chad Z. Hower (Kudzu) - Church Hill, TN - Nevrona Designs / Team Winshoes
Forget the Y2K problem, Lets fix the W2K problem. (I suggest Linux)

"Khashayar Sadjadi" <k_sadj...@isc.iranet.net> wrote in message

> I wrote a simple app. which uses TIdTCPServer.
> Its OK, but it raises an exception #10038 socket operation on non-socket
> when I tried to close the application.

> I tested the Indy TCP server demo and got the same result.

> I'm using Indy 8.002B on W2K.

This behaviour is expected and documented in the FAQ:
http://www.pbe.com/Winshoes/FAQ.html
This behaviour only occurs when you are in the Delphi IDE.

This question has been answered several times already.
You could check Deja News (http://www.deja.com/usenet) to see if you're
question hasn't been answered on usenet already,
and of course it's always a good idea to check the FAQ of the product on
which you have a question.
Also there's a bug report webpage where you can check for the known, and
fixed bugs..

Regards,

Arthuro.

Other Threads