Strange problem with slow acccess to networked paradox tables

Any and all help appreciated on this bizarre problem.

Workstation A pages up and down fine through a table in table view when it
is the only user. When any other workstation views any table in the same
directory, the page up/down slows to a crawl on Workstation A only (lock
files??). After the second workstation leaves database desktop (and some
undetermined time has elapsed) Workstation A browsing returns to normal.
(Any two other workstations can co-exist fine)
Workstation A (of course!) doesn't appear to be any different, and we have
another workstation in a clients office exhibiting the same condition. Both
of them have been recently re-loaded and are at the latest BDE level. Other
machines (not re-loaded, some at the latest BDE some not) are not suffering
from this problem.

To confuse things a little further, I noticed if I reduced the number of
records in the table view below 25 on Workstation A, the problem "went away"
until the size was restored to a full page. It appears to be worse on tables
with more indexes.

This problem manifests itself while using a Delphi app where nearly all
database activity is incredibly slow on just these two workstations. Since
the problem can be demonstrated in Database Desktop as described above, I
thought it would be easier to resolve here.

Regards,
Phil Abraham

Re:Strange problem with slow acccess to networked paradox tables

Further info.
If we log in as Administrator at Workstation A table view is fine, if we log
in as the user we get slow access, and watching at the file server it
appears the workstation is holding a lock on the pdoxusrs.lck file for about
30 seconds.
Anyone have any idea what could cause this? or what to reload to "fix" it?
Phil Abraham

Re:Strange problem with slow acccess to networked paradox tables

What is the O/S on the workstations and on the server?

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Strange problem with slow acccess to networked paradox tables

>If we log in as Administrator at Workstation A table view is fine, if we log
>in as the user we get slow access, and watching at the file server it
>appears the workstation is holding a lock on the pdoxusrs.lck file for about
>30 seconds.

Are you running a Virus checker Realtime on this machine when you are logged on
as the User?
If not I would look at other programs that are running when logged in as the
user but not the Administrator.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@NMPLS.com