Connecting to Local Interbase Pleas Help

What is required to connect a TTable to Local Interbase table.
I set the DataBaseName to the InterBase alias (in the object inspector)
and then when I set the TableName I get "could not find object" error.

I can connect to this data base via ISQL with no probs.

Am I   setting the BDE parameters for INTERBASE incorrectly ?
What should they be , I can find no documentation on this.

The DataBase Desktop also will not create INTRBASE tables.

        I would appreciate any help Rgds Steve.