Possible bug in BDE

Subject: Possible bug in BDE
Newsgroups: comp.lang.pascal.delphi.databases

        It seems like there is a bug in the BDE; when deleting a record
        from an indexed table, then appending a record with the same value
        of the previously deleted record in the indexed field (dBase IV
        driver), it seems like the BDE doesn't update the index with the
        new record, and if the table is opened with that index as the active
        one, the new record will not be shown. Also, when performing a
        findkey/gotonearest, etc. -- the record will not be available.

        The solution I suggest is PACKING the table (a mere index-rebuild
        doesn't function properly) after such deletions.

        Has anyone encountered the described bug, or am I dreaming?

        Please reply.

                                                 - Zig.
                                                z...@ths000.tau.ac.il