HTML: Is it possible to display a local HTML file (from disk)?

Hi Gurus,

I've been trying to read local HTML files from disk into an HTML control
(RequestDoc), and it remained blank - nothing was displayed. I used every
kind of syntax I could think off - full path, file name only,
'file://fullpathname' and 'file://filenameonly', but nothing works.

Anyone had a success with this, or is it impossible?

TIA

--
Yoav Ben-Yosef
Haifa, Israel

Re:HTML: Is it possible to display a local HTML file (from disk)?

Hi Folks!

Well, after your helpfull suggestions, it turns out that the following
format works:

        file:///c|\subdir1\subdir2\filename.htm

Thank You all for your help!

--

Yoav Ben-Yosef <y...@netvision.net.il> wrote in article
<01bc5f06$3e20a2e0$9866cbc7@default>...

> Hi Gurus,

> I've been trying to read local HTML files from disk into an HTML control
> (RequestDoc), and it remained blank - nothing was displayed. I used every
> kind of syntax I could think off - full path, file name only,
> 'file://fullpathname' and 'file://filenameonly', but nothing works.

> Anyone had a success with this, or is it impossible?

Other Threads