Window sizes and fonts changing on different machines

I have a program that I wrote in Delphi 2.01.  It looks great on 3 of 4
machines that I tried it on.  On the forth, however, the windows were
oversized so that it looked awful - all the controls were off to one
side.  Also, the labels appeared to get smaller so that not all of the
text was visible.

What's going on here?  Just as I write this, I remember something about
a screen autoscaling option that can be turned on or off.  Will this
solve the problem?

Ken
delo...@llnl.gov

Re:Window sizes and fonts changing on different machines

Is the 4. computer using large font, that seems to give so problems

Hendrik Johns

e-mail: hjo...@post1.tele.dk

Kenneth DeLong <delo...@llnl.gov> skrev i artiklen
<3300D023....@llnl.gov>...

Hendrik Johns wrote:

> Is the 4. computer using large font, that seems to give so problems

Actually, I think the others were using large fonts.  The big question
is how to gaurd against this sort of thing.

On Tue, 11 Feb 1997 12:01:39 -0800, Kenneth DeLong <delo...@llnl.gov> wrote:
>I have a program that I wrote in Delphi 2.01.  It looks great on 3 of 4
>machines that I tried it on.  On the forth, however, the windows were
>oversized so that it looked awful - all the controls were off to one
>side.  Also, the labels appeared to get smaller so that not all of the
>text was visible.

>What's going on here?  Just as I write this, I remember something about
>a screen autoscaling option that can be turned on or off.  Will this
>solve the problem?

Try setting the forms Scaled property to false. It should do the trick.

     Rogier Meurs  -  0meur...@lelystad.flnet.nl

        Visit the RogSoft NotePad+ HomePage!
 NotePad+ is the Free Win95 Notepad replacement that
          eats standard Notepad for lunch!
        http://lelystad.flnet.nl/~0meurs01/

Other Threads