VBAPI: please help; 2nd repost

dear All,

I'm told that delphi can do any reasonable programming chore, but I'm
beginning to doubt that.

I am writing a delphi DLL to is designed to run under a Visual Basic
application.

I need access to the run time library: VBRUNx00.DLL.

Microsoft, in the infinite wisdom, only exported three (out of 101)
functions by name, the rest by ordinal. However, if you call directly
by ordinal, the call fails.

In C, one achieves this access by importing VBAPI.LIB and using VBAPI.H

What does one do in Delphi to access VBRUNx00.DLL ?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated !

Mat

Re:VBAPI: please help; 2nd repost

mb>What does one do in Delphi to access VBRUNx00.DLL ?

Sounds to me like you need to ask Mickeysoft that question.

Fred
---
 t SRP 2.00 #1203 t First shalt thou pull out the Holy Pin.

Re:VBAPI: please help; 2nd repost

On 7 May 1996 23:56:04 GMT, m.ball...@chem.csiro.au (Mat Ballard)
wrote:

>In C, one achieves this access by importing VBAPI.LIB and using VBAPI.H

>What does one do in Delphi to access VBRUNx00.DLL ?

I have seen a unit that conatins all of the pascal definitions for the
VBAPI stuff in a freeware example of how to create a vbx.  I don't
think I have it anymore but I know its on Compuserve in the Delphi
(16-bit) forum, you could probably find it on the a web site like the
delphi super page or something.  If you have any problems finding it
email me and I'll see if I can find it again.
 Hope this helps
 Kory Bricker
 kbric...@theedge.com

: wrote:

: >In C, one achieves this access by importing VBAPI.LIB and using VBAPI.H
: >
: >What does one do in Delphi to access VBRUNx00.DLL ?

I also use VBAPI.PAS for making DLL's that need to return VB style
variable length strings.  The other simple data types can be passed
back and forth with no problems.

If you search The Compuserve Delphi forum or perhaps the Delphi superpage
for VBAPI.PAS I'm sure you will find it.

If you have problems, just repost.  Many people reading this newsgroup
have figured out the in's and out's of calling Delphi DLL's from VB.

Good luck,

--
Ray Hildreth
Greater Columbus Free-Net

Re:VBAPI: please help; 2nd repost

dear Kory, Ray and others,

thank you !

i'm now happily tinkering with the guts of vbrun300.dll

Mat

Other Threads